Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSI 533 Password?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AMDElectronics

AMDElectronics

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

I have about 5 MSI 533 motherboards I need to boot to bios and they all share the same problem. They ask me to enter my current password even though I bought these motherboards used and don't have the password. Is there a way to bypass this?

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

Locate the jumper on the motherboard to clear the CMOS & use it to clear it.

You could also remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute .
That will clear the CMOS also.

If that doesn't do it [it usually does] I have no other ideas unless you know who had them & can get the password.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 AMDElectronics

AMDElectronics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

I am assuming you mean remove the battery with the power supply on? Or should I have the motherboard on as well?

Edited by AMDElectronics, 06 March 2009 - 11:55 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

The computer needs to be off when you clear the CMOS.

Edut: I should add that one of our forum rules states "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.", because of this we can not tell you how to defeat the pass word.

Edited by dc3, 06 March 2009 - 12:28 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 AMDElectronics

AMDElectronics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

The computer needs to be off when you clear the CMOS.

Edut: I should add that one of our forum rules states "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.", because of this we can not tell you how to defeat the pass word.

Oh, sorry...

#6 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

Unplug the computer & press the on button to discharge any stored electricity BEFORE you remove the battery.

NEVER plug in or remove ANYTHING from a motherboard [other then a USB device loke a jump drive] while the computer is on !
It's usually a good idea to unplug it also.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users