Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse weird behaviour

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 distroyer

distroyer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:56 AM

Hi,

I am using a PS/2 Samsung mouse. Suddenly since yesterday i found it behaving weirdly. While I am working, suddenly it start moving fast and clicks randomly on the screen, opens log off window, tries shut down, or closes firefox etc etc. And it does it so fast that it becomes uncontrollable. Sometimes, the scroll wheel stops working then i have to re-plug the mouse into its port then it works. But the fast moving and clicking problem is very strange.

Plz help me :thumbsup:

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

When things like that happen...I just start using a different mouse.

Have you tried a different mouse?

Louis

#3 DA8686

DA8686

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:39 AM

Try two things if you can:

1) Try the mouse on a different computer
2) Try a different mouse on the same computer

I would guess it is a problem with the mouse itself, but it could be a problem with the port.

#4 distroyer

distroyer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

I have another which is a usb mouse. By that i'll not be able to test the PS/2 port or its driver. I guess usb mouse uses a different driver???

Is it possible to open up the PS/2 optical mouse and repair or try cleaning it by myself?? Is it anything cleaning type of thing inside?? may b the lense or something inside??

#5 DA8686

DA8686

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

They make a ps/2 to usb converter that usually comes with most mice. If you have one of those you can try that to see if the mouse is still not working correctly. Also, I wouldn't recommend opening up the mouse. Also, did you try the suspect mouse on a different computer? That could give you an idea if it is the mouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users