Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run script before interactive logon text

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brb84

brb84

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

I am having trouble getting Windows XP to log on automatically. I work at an IT Help Desk which assists many remote users over a VPN connection. One of our biggest annoyances is having to call users back every 10 minutes to log themselves back in and reconnect after we had to restart their computer for whatever reason, so I'm figuring out how to make the computers reconnect on their own.

I made the basic registry changes so that the machine can login by itself. The problem is that these machines are all on a domain with a local security policy that includes Interactive Logon Text, which basically means that right after you hit ctrl-alt-delete to get to the login screen, a nice little box comes up that warns "Authorized Users Only." Once you hit ok, the auto login is successful. How can I get rid of this box? I can't change security policy and temporarily taking the machine off the domain just for that is a real pain.

I made a simple vbs script that sends the "enter" key. Is there a way to make scripts run right after ctrl-alt-delete is pressed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users