Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A little suggestion:

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

I was wondering- Could you guys possibly make a BC Tidiness forum, with posts for Misplaced HJT Logs and then each forum?

If not, instead of pinning, could there by chance be a Sub-Forum under this forum for BC Tidiness. I know keeping this forum in order must be hectic.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

There is one for posting misplaced HJT logs. This would also apply to posting DDS and RSIT logs in the wrong place.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124974/post-misplaced-hijackthis-log-links/

As for whatever else, I'll leave that to the staff to tell you about as I don't speak for them (nor would I know what they're thinking)

Edited by scff249, 05 March 2009 - 09:00 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#3 Swordie

Swordie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

I know there is one; I'm suggesting they be placed all in one place.

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

So you're suggesting something more along the lines of a Misplaced HJT Log forum in each forum?

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#5 Swordie

Swordie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

Well, not just concerning Misplaced HJT Logs. I'm saying a whole Sub-Forum or Forum with BC Tidiness, which will include but not limit: Misplaced HJT Logs, then misplaced Am I Infected, then the whole Categories.

Not sure if you quite get me. If you don't, i'd be more than happy to really expand on my idea.

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

I get what you're saying now. A forum of its own that is dedicated to anything that is misplaced, which would include areas such as Misplaced HJT Logs, posts for AII, posts for XP, etc.

Personally, I can already say that would be a PITA to keep organized, though, as users may put something in the wrong place (such as a DDS log in the AII Cleanup or something for the Photos, Videos, etc section in the All Other Apps cleanup section). That's just my opinion as I don't speak for the staff at all in 99% of things.

Edited by scff249, 05 March 2009 - 11:50 PM.

#7 Swordie

Swordie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

I see. I mean, It is a bit too little to have it for a forum, but a Sub-Forum for it would be nice.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

Let me see if I'm understanding you? So the idea is to have, for lack of a better term a Tidiness Sub Forum? Then have a category for each forum under that? i.e. one for General Chat, one for XP, one for Web Browsing. In other words one for each category of forum?

So that for example, somebody makes a reportable error post in XP. One of the staff would go to the Tidiness Sub Forum and see a post in the XP section? Which would contain a post stating that action needs to be taken? Did I get that right?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users