Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Startup Item

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vici_T

Vici_T

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

My System Configuration shows a strange startup item with an odd character name that looks like this: □♀
There is nothing in the command field except the same characters: □♀
The location is: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I can't find this startup item anywhere on my Autorun report. It looks suspicious to me. Any info?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

Looks like it could be an old unknown file of some sort.

If you want to be safe, please navigate to the HijackThis forum, read the prep guide, then please start a new topic requesting help. Whoever helps you, please direct them to this forum, so they may close this topic. You can do this by simply copy+paste the forum url in to the HijackThis topic.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,461 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

Maybe a corrupt entry. I would just delete it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users