Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am in need of a new Wireless Router for Gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sci0n

sci0n

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

Hey guys was just posting here hoping I can get some help and pointers on picking up a new Wireless router. I have been wired for years but I am thinking about going the wireless to take advantage of the Wifi on my PS3 and to loose a few extra ethernet cables. I currently have two home PC's and a Playstation 3. My D-Link DI wired 604 router is outdated and they aren't releasing firmware updates nor are they offering tech support for that version no more so its time for a update. My question is what is a good affordable Wireless Router I can go with that will be good for gaming and networking with 2 other home PC's?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:52 PM

What is your budget?

I'd suggest a G-Speed Router, either by Linksys,D-Link, or Netgear. They are about 70 dollars. If you want to step it up a notch, the N-Speeds are 10x as speedy and 15x the area. They are about 100-150 dollars.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#3 sci0n

sci0n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

What is your budget?

I'd suggest a G-Speed Router, either by Linksys,D-Link, or Netgear. They are about 70 dollars. If you want to step it up a notch, the N-Speeds are 10x as speedy and 15x the area. They are about 100-150 dollars.

Ok thanks info. I was planning on spending around 70ish but I may just be tempted to go for one of them N-speeds since I do want great performance. I game for hours when I am not working. Does the performance between the affordable routers and pricey ones differ big time? like is it very noticeable which ones are better? My Computers aren't to far from each other so I wouldn't need to much range. The PC and PS3 is in my bedroom and the other PC is in the living room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users