Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How to get fonts back?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CarrieC_*

Guest_CarrieC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

So like an idiot I deleted all the fonts my computer would let me delete to save disk space because I didn't think it would affect the way webpages were displayed. But now I see myspace looks a lil different with the fonts. I guess I was wrong? How do I get my fonts back? I tried system restore but nothing happens. It's not that big of a deal but it's annoying to me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuah

Joshuah

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

So like an idiot I deleted all the fonts my computer would let me delete to save disk space because I didn't think it would affect the way webpages were displayed. But now I see myspace looks a lil different with the fonts. I guess I was wrong? How do I get my fonts back? I tried system restore but nothing happens. It's not that big of a deal but it's annoying to me.

They are in your Windows installer disk,
First try sfc (system file checker).
Start>Run>CMD
Type sfc /scannow and hit enter. (there is a space between c and /)

You will be prompted to insert your disk.

Your missing files should be installed now.

Edited by Joshuah, 05 March 2009 - 04:37 PM.

#3 Guest_CarrieC_*

Guest_CarrieC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

I don't see the disk anywhere. How can I get the system restore to work?

#4 Joshuah

Joshuah

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

That i don't know, but if you had the desk that would help you out. I don't mess with system restore a whole lot, and i think it only works if you created a restore point, if you didn't do that it wont' be of much help to you.

here are some core fonts...

http://web.nickshanks.com/typography/corefonts

that should get a few of the big ones back. I would recommend finding the desk.

Your welcome,
~Josh

#5 Guest_CarrieC_*

Guest_CarrieC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

Thanks! :thumbsup:

#6 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

I can't answer your system restore question but I don't know if doing a system restore would get your fonts back anyway, but I do have other ideas for getting you your fonts. If you by any chance have a WordPerfect disk, there are thousands of fonts that can be installed from it. I would think that Microsoft Word would also have them, as well as CorelDraw, but I don't know for sure. If you don't have any of those disk you might want to look around in some software stores for a font disk. I have not bought one of those for years but when I did, they were really cheap. There are also a ton of sites online that offer free fonts but since I have never dl'd anything from them, I cannot attest to the safety of dl'ing from them. Some of my friends have dl'd fonts without any problems but I don't know which sites they used. Chances are you probably only need a select few fonts and can just dl those or even get them from a friend. Seems like the common fonts are Ariel, Comic Sans, Courier New and Times New Roman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users