1. Over the past couple of months I have been having an occasional issue where when I try to exit Internet Explorer the browser goes crazy and Internet Explorer windows are opened up multiple times one right after the other. It can be nearly impossible to close all of the instances of it without shutting down the computer completely.
2. I recently found out that my office network has been infected with the confiker worm and it has been going on for a while un-discovered.
3. In my scheduled tasks folder I keep seeing 2 tasks that I did not create called AD1 and AD2 and they re-appear even after I delete them, but I don't know where they come from and I don't know exactly when they reappear.
4. I have a folder of unknown origin in my program files called Dl_cats. It contains files that I know I did not install. I included a screen shot of the contents.
5. I have seen a trojan in my McAffee logs that has been hitting me for about a week and McAffee says it has cleaned it. I am including a screen shot of that as well.
I do Windows Updates regularly, run McAffee Anti-Virus version 9.3, with Firewall version 10.3. I update the definations regularly and scan often. I have not seen any notifications of this virus, but I can see the one listed in log mentioned above. I also recently downloaded and installed Windows Defender and I run it along with McAffee.
My office is running Symantec End Point protection version 11 and it is catching the varient of confiker called Downloadadup.B, but I haven't seen any evidence that my computer either got it, or has cleaned it.
Do you know what the Dl_cats folder is? Do you see any evidence in my logs to indicate I have a spyware or virus infection? What are the AD1 and AD2 scheduled tasks?
Thank you for any assistance