Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChiroCalvinist

ChiroCalvinist

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

I became aware of bleepingcomputer when I was looking for help with a computer problem and was being redirected to another site. It was weeks of computer hell. I was finally able to get to Security Cadets on another computer. There a trainee helped me wade through all of the changes to get rid of a highjacker with a nasty rootkit bug. I almost gave up and wanted to just reformat the whole machine but I just hated to let the bast**8d get away with pirating my computer. I just wanted to kill the thing. We finally did, but it was classic computer hell.

I have a lap top that is running slowly, but after running disc check and Norton it seems to be going a little better. I am still having trouble opening a particular program but I will go see what forum I should post my question in.

ChiroCalvinist

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Hello,

Welcome to BleepingComputer! In here, you will find a lifetime amount of technological information. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

But before you make your first post, here are some simple guidelines and some crucial information:
New Users Orientation Board

Hope to see you around!
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#3 ChiroCalvinist

ChiroCalvinist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

Thanks Swordie for the welcome. I like your shield logo.

ChiroCalvinist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users