Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touch pad icon has disappeared

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 prosperve

prosperve

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:03 AM

The Dell Touch pad icon has disappeared from the notification area of the task bar. How do I get it back, please?

This relates to an Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista home Premium.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:33 AM

make sure its on in msconfig

#3 Guitarist

Guitarist

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:37 AM

as starcraftmaster said make sure its on in msconfig (Click the Start Menu Then Click Run and type msconfig Hit Enter and there is a tab that says start up click it and scroll through and find it make sure its checked....

OR

Go to

- Start
- Control Panel
- Mouse

then click the DELL Touchpad tab
then click the Big Touchpad picture
then at the bottom left check the box that says "Display Icon In Task Bar"

hope that helps

#4 prosperve

prosperve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:02 PM

Thank you both for the advice but I’m still in trouble.
First, trying Start menu...Run... msconfig gives the System configuration window but on the startup tab, “Dell touchpad” not listed.
Second, following Go to... Start...Control Panel...Mouse there is no tab for Dell Touchpad but on the Hardware tab Dell Touchpad is listed. Against Device status is the message that it is working properly. I cannot find the Big Touchpad picture with a checkbox at the bottom left which says "Display Icon In Task Bar"
Any other ideas, please?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:23 PM

Do not use msconfig in Vista for anything other than troubleshooting. It will cause issues with booting because it doesn't play well with UAC.
A more comprehensive (and permanent) method is to use the free program Autoruns (available here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/Autoruns.mspx )
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users