Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guitarist

Guitarist

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

I have an ATI X1600 Pro AGP card and my current resolution is 1360x768 but if i load a game and its 1024x768, ill play it fine and when i exit the game it will say it reverted to 1360x768 but will be 1024x768.

so i have to change the resolution to 1024x768 so i can change it back to 1360x768 then its fine takes two seconds but its just annoying... i have fixed it twice before but that was a long time ago and its been formatted obviously.

- drivers are up to ate and i never even installed the ones off the cd jsut went straight to the site got catalyst controls etc.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 05 March 2009 - 05:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

Do you have the catalyst control center program running? See what the settings are in that. Try running your game without catalyst control center opened and see if the problem still persists.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

It looks like you are running two separate processes for the video card.

CCC.exe <--- Known issues. End process and delete the start up entry. Need help?

When I did thorough testing of the Catalyst Control Centre with 512 MB Video RAM, I found that the flash splash screen alone took up 383 MB of video RAM. Why? That is what I wondered. The sluggish change and awkward events that happen, are caused by the 390 MB splash screen and then dropped to 90 MB just for the program itself. It is a video memory hog.

CCC.exe causes serious issues!

Edited by Jay-P VIP, 05 March 2009 - 09:27 PM.

#4 Guitarist

Guitarist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:13 AM

i closed CCC.exe played a game closed it and it was in the wrong resolution again....i then had to open CCC.exe in order to get my resolution back to 1360x768 because display options wouldnt allow me to go higher than 1024x768

#5 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

Let us do this once, okay...open task manager, and please navigate to the processes tab.

Listed will be multiple Programs and System processes. In the list may be CCC.exe. Please right click on the process and mouseover Change Priority or Set Priority, then please select below normal. This will safely lower the lag on your system.

Then, please add an exception/add it to the trusted list of your Firewall and Defense system (like Spybot Teatimer, Windows Defender, etc.).

Do you need help adding an exception to any of your programs?

#6 Guitarist

Guitarist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

thanks, i know how to do all that ill give it a try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users