Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Initialization msgs after hitting shutdown on computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ninetoes

ninetoes

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:50 AM

Often after surfing the net and I am trying to shut my computer down, I get these Initialization msgs and other weird msgs that I have to click off before the computer shuts down. Also while surfing the net, at times when I go to blank a page, half the page stays on the screen and the other half disappears. It all most seems like the computer is confused and doesn't know what to do. When it does that, I have to click all kinds of buttons to get it straightened out.
I have Windows XP and have cox cable highspeed internet. I use AOL for surfing the net and email. Could that be my problem. Also when turning the computer on, I have to wait approx 2-3 minutes before I can log onto AOL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

I have Windows XP and have cox cable highspeed internet. I use AOL for surfing the net and email. Could that be my problem. Also when turning the computer on, I have to wait approx 2-3 minutes before I can log onto AOL.

I also have cable internet (mine is through Comcast) and use AOL but I have never had the problems you are having. I am always signed on to AOL, I open it and sign on as soon as my comuter boots up and leave it on all the time. However, I rarely use AOL for surfing but only because IE seems to load the pages faster and sometimes AOL will close out when I load a webpage.

While you are having to wait 2-3 minutes to sign on to AOL, can you access the internet using IE? If not, then it is taking that long for your intenet connection to become active. It should not take that long for your connection to become active and I would probably call the ISP and ask about it.

Edited by Stang777, 05 March 2009 - 01:02 AM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

I would try reinstalling the video driver.

How to update a Windows hardware driver
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users