Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI Graphics problem!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 genius12

genius12

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

Hi guys. I was applying a few tweaks to my computer, nothing related to graphics, and then I needed to restart my computer for the tweaks to have an affect so I did so. At the reboot, after the DELL logo there was this screen mentioning 'plug and play configuration error'. It stayed like that for like 3 minutes or so. And then finally the windows booted. After the windows xp looked emenently weird. :flowers:

So when I went to device manager I found out that my graphics card had a '!' beside it. And there was also this list called unknown devices with 3 Universal serisal bus controllers which also was there with a '!' beside them. So I installed the latest driver and restarted and the problem was fixed. And the unknows devices list was gone fixed too. But 2 days after, the problem is back. When I started my computer the plug and play error was there. Same thing after 3 min the computer screen came and once again the computer looked so weird. And in device manager it was my graphics card again causing problems and those unknows devices were back too. When I right clicked my graphics card and click properties, the window came up and had error written in it regarding the graphics card and why it has a '!' beside it. Here is the error:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

So I really need help because I can't live with these jerky graphics. :thumbsup: :trumpet:

And my computer is Dell optiplex GX1. Graphics card: ATI technologies, Inc. 3D Rage PRO AGP 2X.

Windows : Microsoft windows xp professional, service pack 3.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Edited by genius12, 04 March 2009 - 05:49 PM.

" Determination is the cause of Intervention."-Muhammad Shariq

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PCwarrior

PCwarrior

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

What types of tweaks where you after. They may not have seemed vid. or grafix related, but many system parameters overlap. Are the tweaks reversible? You could try undoing one at a time, restarting and see if trial and error fixes the error. Sounds to my not to tech inclined self, that some system resources where modded by the tweak-s.

Edited by PCwarrior, 04 March 2009 - 06:04 PM.

(new,12/23/09) ASUS Crosshair III, Phenom IIx4 955 Blk Ed, Zalman 9500 HS, Saphire 5770 vga, W-7/64bit, 8g/Corsair/1600 RAM, 850w HX Corsair PSU, WD CB/500gb HD, Pioneer CD/DVD, Smilodon/Dirk-Tooth(modded), All custom&controlled fans. Shhhh lol :)

#3 genius12

genius12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

The tweaks weren't anything related to graphics or anything that would overlap with system settings. The tweaks basically were disbaling the sounds, and disabling visual effects to make pc faster, and others. And I've had this computer for a year or so with exact same tweaks applied and no problem had ever occurred then how come now. And also I had reinstalled windows last week just to let you know. And that's the reason for why I had to reapply the tweaks. I've applied the same tweaks several times and have restarted and no problem had ever occurred.

ANY OTHER IDEAS?
" Determination is the cause of Intervention."-Muhammad Shariq

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

Actually, some of the sound drivers directly affecr the newer ATI cards.
They have sound drivers for the HD Sound.

I suggest you reinstall your ATI Catalyst Suite which contains the missing drivers.

Edited to fix a typo !

Edited by fairjoeblue, 04 March 2009 - 08:50 PM.

OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users