Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

setting up Admin. and user account

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joelook

joelook

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

Account was active (and I wasn't paying great attention) and set the admin. account almost fully to what and how I wanted it to be, not realizing that it was the admn. and not my user acct. that I named my own name, as the standard recommendation of not logging or using the admn. acccount as your logon or user acct.

Is there a way I can trick :thumbsup: or copy the admn. to my name or delete the user acct. in its sub or alternate, such as the acct.-my name and then use those settings as I was going to, and then rename admn. to other acct. if that makes sense(?) or would I just have to go ahead and bite-it and reset the same settings or the profile for my alternate-user acct.?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

There are registry changes you can make to trick xp to load other profiles, but imo it would be safest to leave the admin account as is, setup your user account and proceed as normal. I only use the reg changes if i join a pc to a domain that has a profile being used and they want that profile as the domain profile.

#3 joelook

joelook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:55 AM

Thanks very much for your reply and helpful info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users