Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost ability to Edit Post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

Thought it would be easier to ask this here rather than trying to bother anyone in particular.

I've noticed that once a post has been made you obviously have the ability to edit that post, however after a period of time you lose the ability to edit it. Not sure on exact timescale but certainly 3hours later i was unable to edit a post.

Does anyone know why this is? :thumbsup:
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

Even though this would be better suited in the Suggestions, Comments, (whatever else was there) thread, here's an answer to your question, hopefully.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1088239

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#3 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hehe i got lazy and didn't look for an answer with this one.

Although the 24hr delay is wrong, less than 3hours without any replies since my post. Hmmmmm :thumbsup:

Wasn't really a Suggestion and General Chat gets more views from what I've seen, more chance of an answer :flowers:
~ E-Mu ~

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

If you encounter a post of yours that absolutely requires editing, and you cannot edit it, you may PM a Moderator with the changes you want in as clear a manner as possible.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

If you encounter a post of yours that absolutely requires editing, and you cannot edit it, you may PM a Moderator with the changes you want in as clear a manner as possible.
Regards,
John

It wasn't an important edit, just something i wanted to add but i just put a quick reply in :thumbsup:
~ E-Mu ~

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

Not sure on exact timescale but certainly 3hours later i was unable to edit a post.

Does anyone know why this is? :flowers:

Was this a forum open to all members, or a HJT training one? :thumbsup: If it's the latter I bet you can figure out why. :trumpet:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

I would understand if it was a HJT Related forum, however this one wasn't :thumbsup:

To Check Or Not To check, That Is The Question, and the answer is.....I'm not sure in Bleeping Computer Applications and Guides > Windows Startup Programs Database
~ E-Mu ~

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

That forum (and one or two others) have limited member editing fuctions, if memory serves me. :thumbsup: I'll look into it, and try and verify.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:47 AM

That forum (and one or two others) have limited member editing fuctions, if memory serves me. :flowers: I'll look into it, and try and verify.

Thanks Animal :thumbsup:
~ E-Mu ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users