Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possiable Infection? Need help please.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kappage

kappage

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

Right now I'm on a world tour looking for a new Virus scanner. Any tips on a good one will be great full. But I'm trying the 30 day trail of Bit defender and right away it finds a passworded file that I cant find on my pc and cant find any info on the net about.

Also after finding this file I can not do the malware scan manually. Only the scheduled scan will work. there are many times that clicking on the icon on the system tray or the desktop will not open it. when i do a deep scan which includes the malware scan it finds the file again and after closing says that i have yet to run a malware scan.

Since this is the first few days that I'm using this program I don't know if its just glicthy or what. But I just got off a year of trend micro and never had an issue like this. When I use windows defender it also finds nothing. Included is the log file.

Who's crazy me or the bit defender???
Product : BitDefender Total Security 2009
Version : BitDefender UIScanner v.12
Scanning task : Deep System Scan
Log date : 09:17:44 04/03/2009
Log path : C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\deep_scan\1236176264_1_02.xml

Scan Paths:Path 0000: C:\
Path 0001: D:\

Scan Options:Scan for viruses : Yes
Scan for adware : Yes
Scan for spyware : Yes
Scan for applications : Yes
Scan for dialers : Yes
Scan for rootkits : Yes

Target Selection Options:Scan registry keys : Yes
Scan cookies : Yes
Scan boot sectors : Yes
Scan memory processes : Yes
Scan archives : Yes
Scan runtime packers : Yes
Scan emails : No
Scan all files : Yes
Heuristic Scan : Yes
Scanned extensions :
Excluded extensions :

Target Processing:Default action for infected objects : Disinfect
Default action for suspicious objects : None
Default action for hidden objects : None

Scan engines summaryNumber of virus signatures : 2711732
Archive plugins : 45
Email plugins : 6
Scan plugins : 13
System plugins : 5
Unpack plugins : 7

Overall scan summaryScanned items : 30350
Infected items : 0
Suspicious items : 0
Resolved items : 0
Unresolved items : 1
Password-protected items : 1
Individual viruses found : 0
Scanned directories : 17381
Scanned boot sectors : 4
Scanned archives : 543
Input-output errors : 59
Scan time : 00:19:50
Files per second : 24

Scanned processes summaryScanned : 69
Infected : 0

Scanned registry keys summaryScanned : 1169

Scanned cookies summaryScanned : 1169

Objects that were not scanned:Object Name Reason Final Status
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\UK2PHLKS\BIN_STDATA2_SPT_patch_3.002.005.000[1].cab=]BIN_STDATA2_SPT_patch_3.002.005.000.dat Overcompressed No action was possible

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

Summary:
When scanning with BitDefender, you may come across some items that are marked as "password-protected", which BitDefender reports as potential threats

Detailed description:
In these cases, BitDefender is simply notifying you that it was unable to scan certain password-protected or otherwise encrypted items, due to the fact that a password or encryption key is required to access the contents of the archives/files that are listed. In order to scan these files with BitDefender, you will need to unlock these archives/files with the password that was used to protect them, or otherwise decrypt them using Windows Explorer, or another proprietary decryption method.

Regardless of this notification, BitDefender's real time protection will still block access to any infected file that may attempt to run on your computer and take the necessary actions to disinfect/quarantine the file.
bitdefender.com

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users