Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

World War II: Simple Version [FUNNY PIC]

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bestof

bestof

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:48 AM

http://fc64.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2008/002...AngusMcLeod.jpg

Incredibly funny drawn picture of the entire war.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

Not sure I see the funny side of it :flowers: , Obviously drawn by a Yank because of certain parts of it and seems to be how all Yanks see WW2 compared to the Rest of the World. It shows one part as Britain asking America for help in the War and America replying with "Hey look Brit, I can't win all your wars for you. And I really don't care" if I remember my History Lessons correctly we asked for War Materials obviously which we paid for, not for America to join the War, we could more than handle ourselves against Germany as we proved for both World Wars.

There's even part of it showing Britain getting elbowed by America and America saying to France we liberated you from Germany i.e. showing the way some Americans think they did everything in the war and saved everyone, Yes I do recognise America did a lot to help in the World Wars and has done ever since with War Materials (Sometimes for both sides in case of the War in Vietnam) and Loans but the Commonwealth Soldiers did do quite a lot in WW1 and a sizeable chunk in WW2, Don't forget America didn't join the wars in Europe until around 3 years into the wars i.e. 1917 in WW1 1 year before the War ended and near the end of December 1941 in WW2 the war at that point had been going for over 30 months.

To be honest more times than not I can see funny sides of things but I certainly don't see the funny side to the picture and slightly disgusted :thumbsup:

#3 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

It wasn't that funny, but you interpreted most of it correctly.. Except for the Brits asking for help.. America joined because of Pearl Harbor.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#4 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

:thumbsup: Not bad!
Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

#5 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:56 AM

Obviously drawn by a Yank because of certain parts of it and seems to be how all Yanks see WW2 compared to the Rest of the World.

I dunno -

here in America we would have referred to "Russia" as USSR, not CCCP, wouldn't we?

It would be interesting to know who created it.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#6 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

If I have read correctly in the Russian Cyrillic Alphabet it was CCCP but if translated to English it was USSR, So I would assume only the Russians called it CCCP.

In regards to the drawing, the CCCP was probably used as the official name because that was what it is in the Russian alphabet.

Because the CCCP is there it doesn't mean an American hasn't drawn it just that they are using the Official name as it was said in the Cyrillic Alphabet.

Just been searching on Google while writing this and this confirms the CCCP thing - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_cccp_mean

Edited by woodyblade, 14 April 2009 - 09:53 AM.

#7 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

I am a Pencil Artist
AngusMcLeod
Male/Canada
Why I Am Here
- For the lulz
- To become a better artist
- To show my artwork to the world

spam?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#8 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:33 AM

I guess I'm corrected the person who drew it looks to be Canadian, this must be where DaChew quoted that information from - http://angusmcleod.deviantart.com/

The Image link at the top is on the second page of his gallery here - http://angusmcleod.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured--2

#9 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

If I have read correctly in the Russian Cyrillic Alphabet it was CCCP but if translated to English it was USSR, So I would assume only the Russians called it CCCP.

Yes - CCCP = USSR.

I believe most Americans would still use USSR though.

Canadians are "North Americans", in the vernacular, I believe.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#10 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:17 PM

My bro-in-law served his last tour overseas in UK about 10 years ago, whenever he was out at a pub or eatery? in his dress officer's uniform, some eldery Brit who remembered WW2 would send over a drink, once one from a 250$ bottle of scotch.

He wasn't even born back then but they would come over later and tell him they made a habit of showing their gratitude for what America had done during the war.

One generation lived that history, I have only studied it for 40 years.

Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#11 clubhouse

clubhouse

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Actually I'm wondering when Steven Spielberg will make his next war epic ' How we won the Battle Of Hastings' ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users