Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - driver irql not less or equal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HAJiME

HAJiME

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:32 AM

...I'm on that PC now, so I can get it back on.

Recent installations - AIM. It kept telling me to upgrade and eventually I gave in. When I got the computer back on it was warning me about plugins not being installed. I've got rid of AIM and will reinstall.

BSOD occured when I turned my wireless keyboard over to check the batteries...? Although, since It's just USB and requires no software I can't see how this could possibly be an issue.

I turned off that... thing that allows quicker windows searches yesterday and uninstalled ad-aware as I was having trouble keeping it off start-up.

Photo of the BSOD...
Posted Image

Edited by HAJiME, 04 March 2009 - 03:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

This is usually related to a device driver, let's see if we can narrow this down as there are several that it could be.

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the times that this is happening.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 stumain

stumain

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

This is usually related to a device driver, let's see if we can narrow this down as there are several that it could be.

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the times that this is happening.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

Hi, sorry to butt in HAJiME i too have a similar problem dc3...... IRQL not less or equal stop 0 x 0000000A ( 0 x 00000000, 0 x 0000001c, 0 x00000001 0 x 80502CCC) and i have followed your advice above to find 11 errors (many of them repeated):-
event ID : 7023 description : The Kservice service terminated with the following error: unspecified error.
event ID : 7000 description : the ZDPSp50 NDIS Protocol Driver service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
also event ID's :7036, 1003, 4201, 10010, 45, 10005, 1, 1002 and 7. Do you require desriptions for these errors to help me too? hope this info is correct? can you help me in any way?

Cheers Stuart

Edited by stumain, 04 March 2009 - 01:48 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

Stumain: I suggest that you follow routine Web courtesies...and start your own post, rather than creating confusion with your set of issues and circumstances (which are unlikely to be related to the original poster's set of same).

STOP error messages can be the same and be totally different in origin and resolution.

Louis

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

Stumain: I suggest that you follow routine Web courtesies...and start your own post, rather than creating confusion with your set of issues and circumstances (which are unlikely to be related to the original poster's set of same).

Although hamluis's response is rather terse it is true, by posting your topic in another members topic you disrupt the help that they are receiving, especially if the problem isn't exactly the same. Think what it would be like if you have a topic that someone else did this to and all of a sudden you have two different topics being discussed in it, it would be a nightmare. By posting your own topic you will also get a better readership, when members who are helping other see a topic that has been responded to by a person that is known to be capable they have a tendency to not look into it unless it is something that just catches their interest.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users