Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Hello, as you must have experienced some videos are recorded at low volume. As a result even when you turn your volume control to maximum you can barely hear what's going on.

In general, does anyone use an SW utility to amplify volume, which was recorded at low?
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:42 PM

I have a 6 speaker surround sound with an 8 inch subwoofer, with a 140 watt peak power. there isnt anything to quiet to play on my computer. Often you can up these though by playing with the sound mixer provided with windows. just right click the audio symbol on the task bar and click open sound mixer, and adjust all your volumes from there.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

I just use 2 Bose Speakers and I can hear everything clearly. Even when I can't, i'll just plug in some headphones.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#4 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

I just use 2 Bose Speakers and I can hear everything clearly. Even when I can't, i'll just plug in some headphones.

Yes, but sometimes I am lazy to get wired with speakers, and just want to use the notebook speakers. But some movies are recorded at low: so even if the volume is turned to maximum, you only hear 50% of what your speakers could do.

So I tho of some software solution for these instances.

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

I cant say as ive had any problem with any movie Ive purchased with this problem, had a pirated copy loned to me once that did, but never one I purchased. you sure theres not something wrong with your computer speakers or a setting?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:25 AM

I cant say as ive had any problem with any movie Ive purchased with this problem, had a pirated copy loned to me once that did, but never one I purchased. you sure theres not something wrong with your computer speakers or a setting?

Yes, the same way as some pirated movies could be recorded at low, some home videos from friends, or some youtube stuff could also be recorded at all. Basically the creator is not a professional in recording voice. Then you hear like 30% of your speakers capacity even when your speakers at the maximum.

There's nothing wrong with my settings, because like you said, videos recorded by professionals (like original movies) are recorded at the right level, so no problem there.

#7 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:15 AM

Well, yes, non-professionals may not know how to make the sound just right. I haven't had many problems except twice on Youtube.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users