Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microsoft word 2002

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Compmon123

Compmon123

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:33 PM

i didnt know where else to put this... so im putting it here...
Well to begin with microsoft word was working fine... and it still does... but recently ive noticed that two of my menu bars are missing... view and insert... you know where file edit etc go... so can anyone help me get them back?

(Moderator edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 07 June 2005 - 12:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:21 AM

I have Word 2002 and I've had no problems with it.

You may have to 'Right Click' on that bar and go customize that bar.

If that doesn't work you may have to reinstall that piece of software.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:26 AM

There is a way to fix it but Catch22 says you need to use the View Menu to do it, so:

1. If you can get the View menu up with Alt-V go to Toolbars>Customize click the Toolbars tab make sure there is a tick in the Menu Bar box and click Reset. I think that will fix it.

OR

2. Close Word. Search for normal.dot and rename it (or them) to normal.old then restart Word - it will recreate the normal.dot template and you should have the standard menu bar back again.

Edited by Rimmer, 07 June 2005 - 04:26 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 Compmon123

Compmon123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:11 PM

ok. thnx ill try it

#5 Compmon123

Compmon123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:19 PM

great thank u so much... it worked... i tried to get help on the web... it told me to do all this stuff in registry but none of it would work... wow... u guys really are the best... lol... o btw i figured out what went wrong... it seems that my alt key got stuck when i let my bro use it and when he opened it up he accidentally dragged view and insert menu bars to an unknown place. Thank u once again for all ur help :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :bike: :woot:

#6 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for coming back and telling us what happened.

It may help others here later on.

regards,
Koan

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#7 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:57 PM

That's good news! Thanks for letting us know. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users