Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton's Protected Recycle Bin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 feder

feder

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

HI:
I have "Norton's Protected Recycle Bin". Problem: Everytime I delete a file and it goes into the Recycle Bin, then, if I turn off my computer for the night, then, turn it back on in the morning, the "Norton's Protected Recycle Bin has EMPTIED THE ENTIRE BIN. WHY?? I DON'T want ALL OF MY FILES DELETED. Is there a way to stop this? I just want a "Regular, old Recycle Bin". Is there anyone out there that knows how to filx this problem?? Please help. Thanks, in advance, for your time and attention. feder

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:47 AM

Most people have the opposite problem - they can never get rid of files that went into the Norton Protected Recycle Bin.
Is this part of Norton SystemWorks or similar? If so, unless there is some part of it you can't live without, uninstall the damn thing. It's 90% BS in my opinion.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users