Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

outlook prob - wants to reconfigure

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Liz L.

Liz L.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hello -

Having a strange problem with Outlook. (Outlook 2003 running with Windows XP).

For the last week, occassionally when I go to open Outlook, instead of opening with my personal folders, email, etc. I get a message that says Outlook is not configured on my computer and the set-up/configuration Wizard.

The first time it happened I cancelled, retried a couple of times, (not reconfiguring since I'm guessing this could erase existing data) then shut down my computer and took it to a local service guy to take a look. He got it back running (not sure how) and re-imported all my Outlook data.

I had been very bad about archiving, so had an enormous amount of stuff in inbox/sent folder/etc. On the local techs recommendation, I deleted almost everything, archived some things, and then compacted the files using the data management options in the Outlook menu.

everything was fine, until a few days later when the same problem happened again. I took it back to the tech and he could not recreate the problem -- Outlook opened fine.

now what seems to be happening is that when I open Outlook fresh from booting up my computer, it works. When I've had it closed, but my computer has been running, logged in, and then try re-opening it, i get the configuration wizard.

any thoughts?

thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users