Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smaller Signatures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

Having a signature appear which takes up more than 50% of a post, even if a lot of it is blank space, gives me the feeling of having to sort through advertising of some sort before I can find the actual post. It's always the same message. It supports a point of view of one type or another. And it has nothing to do with the post. Would it be possible to reduce the size of the signatures so they are at least down to 25% of the post or less? I don't know if individual members can control the size of these entries as some seem less over-powering than others. I have a feeling I've seen this discussion somewhere before.
:thumbsup:
Zllio

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

You can make it so that their sigs won't appear when reading posts. Go to My Controls --> Board Settings --> and under Board Display Settings, there should be an option to toggle whether someone's signatures appear in posts.

After that, I don't think there's an option to resize sigs.

EDIT: Terminology.

Edited by scff249, 03 March 2009 - 04:09 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,472 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

Signatures are limited already. From the rules:

# Signatures are limited to 5 lines or 2000 characters; whichever comes first. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or deemed unacceptable, you will be requested to adjust your signature. Failure to comply will result in the removal of your signature.

# Only one image per signature. Images in signatures must also be no larger than 500 pixels wide X 90 pixels high. If you have more than one image you will be requested to remove one. If this is not done in a timely manner the staff has the right to modify your signature to abide by these rules.

# Any links in signatures can not be commercial in nature. You also may not put links in your signature soliciting donations unless you are in certain member groups. Those member groups that are allowed will be expressly notified. If you have a personal website or off-site help resource, that is more than fine, but you can not sell products or services through your signature. Multiple links to the same site, unless for a very specific reason, are not permitted in a signature.

If you see members breaking these rules, let a moderator know and they will get it resolved.

#4 Zllio

Zllio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:42 AM

oh thanks!

I don't mind them at all, but it bothers me when they take up more than 50% of the post and I have to hunt past them for the post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users