Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D Drive - Recovery Full

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FreeRadicals

FreeRadicals

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

HP Pavillion a6112n D Drive Recovery is full. How/Can it be accessed to clean up? Don't know what filled it up and C Drive is virtually empty.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

That recovery section has the files to reinstall windows on your computer, without using the disk. Unless you really need the space, and have a windows disc, I would not recommend deleting this. It can be very helpful if you ever get a very bad virus, or your system starts acting up.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

Is this an XP Or Vista? And you can access it through My Computer ---> double click D:.

If this is a restoring partition, I strongly advise not to touch it. It contains many baseline files for a clean install.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#4 FreeRadicals

FreeRadicals
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for your reply, I forgot to state it is the infamous 'Vista' OS. It won't allow access to the D drive. I'd like to see what filled it up on a casual use computer, minimal programs, no music or movies.

Thanks in advance.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

It does sound like it is a recovery partition, if you google the make and model of your computer and recovery partition you should get several hits if it has one.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users