Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vbouncer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spinnerooni

Spinnerooni

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:54 PM

Hi.

I was trying to follow advice from someone about the removal of 'Vbouncer' a so called parasite and while i was in Regedit i accidentally deleted the local/machine-->software-->microsoft-->cryptography registry key. since this happened i have been unable to sign into MSN Messenger, havent been able to access chatrooms and cant get into my hotmail account. im using windows 98 and some advice would be very much appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:10 PM

If you wait till tomorrow I will create a key that you can attempt to import back in and see if it fixes. Check back with us around 10 am eastern.

I will have access to a win98 machine then

#3 Spinnerooni

Spinnerooni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:22 AM

Thank you.

I take it 10am Eastern is 3pm GMT? I'll be around and Thank you for offering to help me :thumbsup: :flowers:

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:24 AM

Attached is a reg file. Save it to your computer and double-click on it. If it asks if you would like merge the data say yes.

I do not know if this is going to fix your problem as i believe some of the information is randomly generated pertaining to the machine it was on.

So use this at your own risk. It may work it may not. Cant give you an answer on that.

Attached Files

#5 Spinnerooni

Spinnerooni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:38 PM

Thanks Grinler.

It was 'successfully' added to my registry and i double checked to see if it was there and it was. I can now get back into chatrooms but i still cant sign into MSN or go to hotmail and check my mail. I checked my internet option settings to make sure webroot did not change anything after downloading it a few nights ago. Perhaps the problem is with my isp.. god knows. Thanks very much, You've been very helpful and i really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:46 PM

It was our pleasure. Sorry that it didnt fix all the problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users