Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shut off 2nd HD in lap top

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VIDEOGUY!

VIDEOGUY!

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

Is there any way to shut down the 2nd HD in my lap top and keep it off until I need to transfer data to it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dakotasnow44

dakotasnow44

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

Maybe check in your BIOS and see if you can disable it from there. Other than that I would say that the best option is to simply remove the drive until you are ready to use it.

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

Which laptop is this?

What you may think is another hard drive may just be another partition.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 VIDEOGUY!

VIDEOGUY!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

I have an HP Pavilion and it indeed has 2 hard drives. The few times that I use battery power it is just plain sucks the juice up and in addition to a 2nd hard drive I also have a 19" screen. Removing it certainly has occured to me but who needs the hassel. If there is some simple way to turn it off and on at will, that would be great, if not, oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users