Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Images are not shown on Yahoo, MSN and other sites

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 aud123

aud123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

I started having this problem last week on Yahoo and now it seems to have spread to other websites. I'm on XP2 and IE7. Previously I was able to view Yahoo and other websites perfectly fine. Now all the pictures are shown in a red x on IE7 and also on Firefox. The page will load extremely slowly and when I try to click on the links, it refuses to move to the next page. The search image on Yahoo has also disappeared, and even the little pictures along the webite are gone. If and when I finally manage to get to Yahoo mail, it's the same. I can't see the tabs and little pictures, it takes forever to load and when I finally do get to the email, I can't preview it because half the time I can't see the images.

I have already run a scan using AVG Free edition, checked IE's settings for multimedia, etc. Even uninstalled IE7 to check if the same problem is happening in IE6 and yes, it is. I have made no changes to my security settings and have checked them, still the same. I have Windows Firewall and Windows Defender is running in the background together with AVG Free edition.

I'm about to go crazy. I really need help (in layman terms, please). btw I also did a system restore but still no help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users