Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost my Wireless?..........

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 XOFDER

XOFDER

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

I have an HP A6700Y desktop that is about 2 months old, everything has been working great. The computer has Windows Vista 64bit and an internal wireless set-up (Nvidia Nforce?). My wife was using it today and while checking AOL mail it froze, she hits Ctrl Alt Delete...brings up Task Manager but still frozen...she then hits the power button. When computer comes back on wireless is gone. I tried going thru all the wizards, did a system restore to a point from a couple days ago, checked antenna, other computer connects to wireless fine. I am really hoping someone can help me with this. PLEASE!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:04 AM

Check your device manager (Right click My Computer icon and select Properties, select device manager) and check under your network adapters section. See if there are any errors there and let us know. also let us know what is listed there.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 XOFDER

XOFDER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

Yes I had gone thru all of that on my own......finally called HP after about an hour and a half on the phone we came to the last possible solution .......open the case remove connector and plug back in. Hooked everything back up and bingo wireless is back. I suppose the connector was loose, seems odd but that was definitely the fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users