Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good day from Africa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jumpy109

jumpy109

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

Hi All,

I am a South African doing contract work in West Africa. Found you guys from a Google search.

I am a computer novice and know enough to mail, call home & a few other minor tasks.

My laptop is my only contact with the world and the old girl seems to be very sick.
Been reading some of the forums trying to figure out what goes for what, and when I am more confident I will post when I know more. (ALL so very intimidating!!!!! I can see what .dll files are creating the trouble but can't even identify the infection!!!! It seems even my Bitdefender has been hamstrung)

I would like to thank you for providing services for us normal folk out there. There seem to be quite a few "baddies" out there, its good to know you good guys are out there fighting the good fight.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer. Why not just start a topic with a simple explanation of your problem. As it appears to be malware related try the Am I Infected forum. tell us a little about yor PC and what security tools are installed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

Welcome! It's not everyday we get visitors from S. Africa! You'll get all the help and more here!
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#4 jumpy109

jumpy109
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:44 AM

Thanks so much for welcome.

I will do as suggested. Am such a novice, but in time I hope to take some baby steps.

This is the very FIRST forum I have ever joined :thumbsup: Hope it goes well

You guys really seem to have a great community here. Well done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users