Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Communications Platform issues Windows Live

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tsula

Tsula

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

When I sign into Windows Live Messenger, the error reporting pops up saying that Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. Every time. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've done virus scans. Nothing is up. Virus scans with Avira and Kaspersky. Both turning up nothing (and not done at the same time or installed at the same time of course). Any ideas? I'm hearing alot of people have this issue. Windows XP SP3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:11 AM

How did you uninstall it? I did a little looking around and apparently uninstalling this program is very involved, to the extent of even removing it from the registry. You can see the instructions at this site. I saw the same instructions at two sites, so this looks like the proper procedure.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Tsula

Tsula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:22 AM

That's the site I used to uninstall. Didn't do much for me.

#4 Tsula

Tsula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

This issue is closed. After talking with Microsoft Support for the past few days, they determined this:

Hi Tsula,

We appreciate the prompt response.

After reviewing the logs collected by the Microsoft Support Diagnostic Tool, I was able to pinpoint the cause of the issue. The reason why Windows Live Messenger crashes is because you have NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager installed. This application causes a conflict where it prevents Windows Live Messenger from functioning properly. In order to rectify your concern, either you have to disable or remove it from your computer.

I have here the steps on how to disable it temporarily but to be able to remove or disable it permanently, you will have to contact the NVIDIA support team how to do it. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click Start, click Run, type taskmgr in the Run box and press ENTER or click OK.

2. On the Windows Task Manager window, click the Process tab.

3. Under Image Name, locate Nsvcappflt.exe and click End Process.

4. Click Yes to confirm.

5. Attempt to sign in to Windows Live Messenger.

To disable or remove NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager, please contact the NVIDIA support team at:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....enduser/ask.php

I hope I was able to help you with your concern. Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to reply back to this e-mail.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Brad

Windows Live Messenger Technical Support

And that solved the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users