Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shareaza

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DamSexy

DamSexy

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:21 PM

I just downloaded Shareaza and Im trying to search for music but its really slow! I take it thats not normal! Can anyone help?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:38 PM

Do you have a router? Is so, you need to map some ports.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 DamSexy

DamSexy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

Ye I have a router! how do i do that?
Posted Image

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:51 PM

I believe you have to map port 6346 for incoming and outgoing connections for shareaza to work. I have had problems with Shareaza and XP SP2, there are work-arounds, but they require a download from LVLord. After all that, it still might not work for you. Plus, it opens you up for virus infections.

For me, Shareaza has worked better than any other P2P software. I found that everyone has their own experiences and preference for 1 package over another. The shareaza website has their own discussion forum that is probably much better at helping you tweak shareaza than we are here.
JC

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:54 PM

Shareaza>Network Configuration Issues>Routers.

They have a great forum for Shareaza issues.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:26 AM

You can also go here:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

then pick your router from the list.
(If you already brand of your router, hit CTRL+F, then type the brand, it will help shorten the search).
Then once you pick your router, pick which programs you want to port-foward. They have pretty large list, including shareaza. As well as any games you play and what not.

Once you know how to configure your browser to port-foward, you can search google for different programs you have that you would like to port-foward, that are not on the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users