Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Web Search

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ira Saxe

Ira Saxe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

At startup, the following appears: Can't find C:\PROGA~1\MYWEBS~\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL. From this, I assume that MY Web Search cannot run. But the system won't allow me to delete that program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

my web search is clasified as a virus

adware.mywebsearch.funwebproducts

Edited by tylerisdabest, 02 March 2009 - 06:01 PM.

#3 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:44 AM

The following link will help explain what My Web Search is and how to get rid of it. If you use HighJackThis for detection, Please do not post the results in this forum. If you need help with this I would suggest opening a new topic in the HighJackThis forum in the securities section and let the experts there guide you. But by following the instructions in this article, you should be able to clean this up...

http://www.pchell.com/support/mywebsearch.shtml

Posting results of HighJackThis in this topic will only get you bumped to the other forum, which will slow down the process of getting help in a timely manner...

Edited by OldGrumpyBastard, 03 March 2009 - 06:48 AM.

Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

One more thing...

I should have included in my first response that unsupervised use of HighJackThis is not recommended. It is an extremely powerful tool designed for malware removal. Improper usage could cause some very extreme problems.

I highly suggest that if you use that tool you should not try to fix anything...Run the scan and post the results in the HighJackThis forum for help from the experts there. They are specially trained to evaluate the logs and help you successfully removed the critter that you have picked up along your journey.

Edited by OldGrumpyBastard, 03 March 2009 - 07:27 AM.

Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#5 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:13 AM

:thumbsup:
Thanks OldGB!!

I would also add that the "MyWeb Search" malware may just be the tip of the iceberg. Malware is commonly bundled. Post a thread here @ the Hijack This forum and let the experts help you out. Please make sure you read this before posting.
Regards,
t
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users