Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jeremiahbear

jeremiahbear

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

I need Internet Explorer to work on my Ubuntu install. (I know, I know!) I read that I have to install Wine and then I can install IEs4Linux. I am a linux dummy. How do I install Wine. I downloaded the Ubuntu version off WineHQ but now what?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

Check out the info in the link below.

Installing Wine on Ubuntu 8.10
http://ubuntuexperiment.wordpress.com/2008...-on-ubuntu-810/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jeremiahbear

jeremiahbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

Got it! Thanks. Worked Great!

#4 Indy452

Indy452

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

I need Internet Explorer to work on my Ubuntu install. (I know, I know!) I read that I have to install Wine and then I can install IEs4Linux. I am a linux dummy. How do I install Wine. I downloaded the Ubuntu version off WineHQ but now what?

Or without wine...http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/ies4linux

#5 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

*Pardon my french* Why the bleep would you want to use Internet Explorer on Linux?? Use Mozilla... Much better web browser...

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,902 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/ies4linux
QUOTE:
There are two main reasons people use IE on Ubuntu:

1. For web design, you want to be able to preview how the majority of people will see your website
2. You bank or do business with a site that works in only IE, and Firefox's User Agent Switcher extension just isn't cutting it (by the way, that extension handles a lot—I'd recommend trying it before installing IE)

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users