Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTTP and 404 Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikepin

mikepin

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:45 PM

I keep getting (mainly when clicking a link in e-mail or from one site to another) saying that the page cannot be displayed or that the website or link is invalid!!! I've went through check's like internet connections and raising my temp file space was another suggestion...anyway nothing is working including Dell support...which isn't surprising they never do....anyway, HELP!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mikepin

mikepin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

Well guy's I got tired of no help and no answer's from support (no matter where I went) so I did a system restore back about 2 week's. When I got back to my desktop I got a security alert that norton antivirus auto protect was not enabled. When I tried to enable it wouldn't and kept giving me an alert to go to symantec help and support to determine the problem. Did not help so I did a full uninstall of norton,searched out all norton/symantec file's,cleaned registry and all...then re-installed Norton and did about 2 hour's of live update's/WMI/client files/etc...
At any rate all is well now...no HTTP pr 404 error's all day yesterday and today (unlike before) and everything seem's to be running better now.
The one thing that does stick in my head is that someone on Yahoo chat hit me with a boot program about three day's ago...Could that have changed some setting's or somehow f****ered up Norton?
Thanks Mike
P.S. Sorry Papasmurf but you were rather condescending

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users