You have LimeWire, a P2P/file sharing programs installed on your computer. P2P applications like it are the largest source of malware we see. You'll be doing yourself a favor by removing it.
References for the risk of these programs can be found in these links:http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/commun...protection.mspxhttp://www.techweb.com/wire/160500554http://www.internetworldstats.com/articles/art053.htm
See Clean/Infected P2P Programs here
I would recommend that you uninstall LimeWire
, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove these programs, you can do so via Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs
.If you wish to keep it, please do not use it until your computer is cleaned.
1. Please open Notepad
- Click Start , then Run
- Type notepad.exe in the Run Box.
2. Now copy/paste
the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:
FF - ProfilePath - c:\documents and settings\Anthony\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3w44wbp6.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - Yoog Search
FF - prefs.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://www10.yoog.com/search.php?q=
FF - user.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - Yoog Search
FF - user.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://www10.yoog.com/search.php?q=
FF - user.js: keyword.enabled - true
the above as CFScript.txt
4. Then drag the CFScript.txt
into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.
5. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:Your Java Runtime Environment is out of date.
Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.Updating Java:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 12.
- Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 12, The Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- The page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language and save it to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially any web browsers.
- Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u12-windowsi586.exe to install the newest version.
Please go to Kaspersky website
and perform an online antivirus scan.
- Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
- It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
- When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
- Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
- Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
- Click on My Computer under Scan.
- Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
- You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
- Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
- Please post this log in your next reply.
Let me know how the machine is running.