Jump to content
Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:43 AM
Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:56 PM
Edited by Moosh89, 02 March 2009 - 02:57 PM.
Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:50 PM
My HP laptop just started doing the EXACT same thing and was pissing me off to no end. I would close the lid, would standby normally, then after 10 seconds would fire right back up.
Here is how i fixed it. The process that was causing my laptop to not stay in standby was a file called ddabx.dll. I tried for hours reading posts on how to get rid of the damn thing, trying a bunch of crazy programs and suggestions.
Here is the fix my friends:
1. Boot your computer using your XP CD.
2. Then select R and go to recovery console.
3. Select your installation (number 1) and i had no password, so hit enter
4. At command prompt in \windows dir I typed in cd system32
5. Now in that folder I just typed del ddabx.dll
6. Turn off computer and restart regularly without cd (you don't need to be in safe mode)
7. Run Hijackthis.exe and delete ALL instances of ddabx.dll (the entries will say file missing anyway.
8. Voila I restarted my computer (just for the hell of it), closed my lid on my laptop, went into standby normally, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DOES NOT COME OUT AFTER 10 SECONDS
I am happy again!!!!
Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:06 PM
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cureSpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users