Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with streaming audio—

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Slater68

Slater68

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

Recently my computer developed this problem---when I go to the website of a radio station, in this example, www wabcradio.com or www plj.com and click to listen live—the pop up page for the player loads up, and the player says “ready” but nothing happens when I click the button. The same basic problem also happens when I go to the Sirius Online Player (of which I am a subscriber)---however, if I go to Youtube I get normal audio and video. Also if I go to Shoutcast and pick a station, I get normal audio. Also if I go to a website – radiotime.com (which has a whole bunch of radio stations streams collected together, I can hear the wabcradio.com feed although the website has its own player pop up.

I can hear streams through Winamp also.

Now, on my system I have Windows Media 11, VLC media player 0.8.6f , Quicktime player 7.2, Winamp 5.541.

I have checked and updated Flash and Shockwave.

This problem occurs with both IE 7.0 5730.11 and Firefox 3.0.6

I have Windows XP with SP2---SP3 Wont install because I do not have a Word 2002 Disc

I do not know what else to check or update to figure this problem out. If anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users