Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possibly a virus. Blue screen with error codes when I try to start safe mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sunfrog14

sunfrog14

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

I went to my grandparents today and my grandfather might have messed up his computer again.

He has windows XP and I am unsure if he added any new programs or anything because he did not know the answer. When I turn it on, the desktop comes up with blue, green, red, and yellow blocks (like someone drew them with a drawing application) and I cannot start the task manager because it says "task manage has been disabled by your administrator" but he is supposed to be the admin. No icons come up and I cannot do anything. I tried to boot the computer in safe mode, but it comes up with a blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect your computer. If this is your first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this appears again, follow these steps: Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers....ect. The technical information: ***Stop: 0x0000007B (oXF793B524, )x00000000...and there is more, but I cannot see the rest of the numbers (off screen on my monitor--I brought it to my house).

So, is this even the correct forum? If it is not, could you please direct me elsewhere. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

**Edit: I was able to do a PCRestore and this has solved the problem.*** I know I was supposed to wait and not do anything, but my grandfather was complaining about not having his computer. Thanks anyway!

Edited by sunfrog14, 02 March 2009 - 09:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users