Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No BIOS appearing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 evrkusd

evrkusd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

I'm trying to put together a computer with an MSI motherboard, ati video card and some basic 512 X3 ram. (not sure what the processor is) When the computer boots up nothing shows up on the screen. Fans run etc. and the monitor light turns from yellow to green for an instant and then back to yellow. I removed all but one RAM, the soundcard, (i even tried removing the hdd and the cd drive) and still nothing. The monitor for sure works as i tried it on my laptop. I tried a different video card so i don't think that's teh problem (however the fan on the first vid. card never spins... probably just because it's temp controlled though)
Is there a way to flash the BIOS if no BIOS is even appearing? Is there somethign else i should be trying?
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 evrkusd

evrkusd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

also im not sure how to locate the cmos jumper (if there is one on my board).

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Please list the exact models of the components you are putting together. To find out what processor you have type in all the numbers separated by the proper word and line spacing so we can look it up.The numbers are located on the CPU Die under the Heat sink and fan you will have to wipe off any thermal compound in order to read it. You will need to install new thermal past when you re assemble the computer.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users