Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

javascript?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 byrd

byrd

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:44 AM

i try to continue on some websites but nothing happens my progress bar says javascript and other things next to it i dont understand please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

Can you supply the EXACT error messages you are getting?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 byrd

byrd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:57 AM

java script:void(openListen(3160712));

#4 byrd

byrd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:13 PM

heres another: java script:'

#5 byrd

byrd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:19 AM

i tried to use real player they said either javascript is disabled or not installed how do i know and should i update and how thanks please help

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:44 AM

I'm no expert on this and I don't know what operating system or browser you are talking about but my first suggestion would be to run Windows Update. Let it install all the critical updates and check the non-critical ones, there may be something related to javascript there.

If you use internet explorer:
* Go to Tools>Internet Options from the menu bar
* Click the Security tab
* Select Custom and click on the Settings button
* Scroll down to Scripting and check what is selected under "Active scripting" and "Scripting of Java Applets"
* Make any changes you want
* Restart the browser

I no longer use IE preferring Firefox, but in my IE everything under Scripting was enabled.

You may want to question why applications like Real Player want javascripting enabled and consider replacing them with something less intrusive.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#7 byrd

byrd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:42 AM

swicthing to firefox seemed to have solved my problem. i can visit all the websites i couldnt before. in my opinion, its great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users