Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 0x00000050

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rawr Ami

Rawr Ami

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

Hello everyone!

Every time I try to start my computer, it will go to the blue screen and give me a 0x00000050 error. This happens every time, even if I haven't logged onto my user account or done anything else. I just boot up my computer, it does a disk check, runs for a few minutes, and goes to the blue screen. Different files come up every time I do a disk check and sometimes none come up at all.

I can't restart in safe mode. When I try to, it just gives me some lines starting with multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2). I've got my recovery disk in my disk drive also, but it doesn't seem to want to boot. I'm running Windows XP on an Acer laptop and use Norton Antivirus.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:13 PM

Is the BSID you're getting have this on it:

STOP: 0x00000050 Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area Error

If so, this error is usually involving the memory in the system. Try reseating all your memory. If that doesn't help, and if you have 2 simms of memory, you can try booting off one or the other and use different slots. I had this issue just last week and it turned out to be a bad memory slot on the motherboard. If none of this helps, post back with the specs of your system. (ie. operating system, cpu, memory amount and type, etc)
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

The multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2) is you boot initiation file.

Note: You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order to be able to boot from the Windows installation disk.

To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the]Recovery Console.

4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER.

6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Rawr Ami

Rawr Ami
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

I didn't know how to reseat my memory, but I changed the boot order and used the recovery disk. Thanks for the help both of you!

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

I take it the chkdsk solved the problem?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users