Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't install anything

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rocme

rocme

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

I have searched the forums here and googled high and low for an answer to this wretched problem.Invalid E drive 1327/exit code 1603.
I first noticed the problem when I tried to install Office 2007 the msg was something to do with windows installer.I followed instructions to correct this
(by dos commands)and eventually installed office 2007.
Also unable to open pdf files attached in my yahoo account but I guess that's another thread.
Now I want to install a printer and I'm getting the same message of an invalid E drive ;the error report said return code 1603,also D:\setup\hpzmsiol.exe which makes no sense to me.I've looked in the registry and can't find anything with an E drive attached to it.
Could someone please post some very simple answers;including where to put spaces if I have to use dos commands.I have checked the shell folders and there are no Es there either.
Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users