Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No action when clicking in IE and several other MS apps

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 antoine38

antoine38

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:38 AM

I am finding a strange behaviour in my IE and actually other MS applications too (although I can't recall which one now). I use Firefox to compose this request, and will continue to use it, but in some cases I still need IE....

Do you understand this behaviour ?
Do you know what is wrong ?

Thanks
Antoine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:39 AM

First of all is the location searching in the correct spot. what i mean by that is did you move IE and the not change the location name. If you did move it or want to check the location you can right-click on the shortcut and hit properties.

Second of all is did you do a virus and spyware check. If you have and found nothing you may want to try the other two options. if you don't know where to find a free virus scan you can go to Lavasoft to get one. After the search if it found a virus or spyware delete it and then see if IE works.

If it still dosn't work after that you can try to run HiJackThis and put what it came up with in the HijackThis forum and other members will be able to see if there is something wrong with your computer.

I hope this can help you with your IE problems.

Edited by frankie12, 06 June 2005 - 06:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users