Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JUST BUILT A PC AND WONT START!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 papidropinboxers

papidropinboxers

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

the motherboard led light is on but when i press the power button it wont start up i dont understand what could be the problem
please! someone help me i just built it today and alredy i have a problem !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:16 AM

Did you connect the case's power button to the motherboard properly? Which motherboard are you using?

3939.png

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:37 AM

To give you as much help as possible please post a list of the parts you used for the build.

It's a little easier to try to figure out the promblem when we know what you're working with.

[edited to correct typo]

Edited by fairjoeblue, 01 March 2009 - 03:38 AM.

OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

FWIW: A checklist of sorts, No POST - No Video - http://support.gateway.com/s/Checklists/BP...007050376.shtml

Louis

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

I would take the motherboard out of the case. Put it on a cardboard box. From there put the processor in with the heatsink on (don't forget thermal paste!). Then put one stick of ram in, and connect the video card if your motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics. Now, make all your connections, except from your computer case to the motherboard, and don't forget the 20(or 24) pin motherboard power connector, and the 4-pin CPU connector. Now, turn on your power supply, and to start the computer, touch the two motherboard pins that you would connect the cord from your case to to turn the computer on with a screwdriver. This should start the computer, unless there is something wrong with the connections or a faulty piece of hardware.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users