Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Disk 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

Hi all.

I bought a genuine Microsoft Office 2000 Professional about 4 years ago. I installed everything I needed of disk 1. This week I decided to make a backup of the CD's just in case something gets corrupted/damaged. Disk 1 no problem, I've never used Disk 2 so I inserted just to see what is on it and guess what there are no files on its blank.

I asked a friend of mine to lend me his disks and guess what there is nothing on his disk 2 either. How come Microsoft supply 2 disks when there is nothing on disk 2. Can other users who have Office 2000 Pro please check there disk 2 to see if there is anything on it?

Now according to Microsoft Publisher and maybe Microsoft Office Small Business Tools are on disk 2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/277630

Publisher is something that I've never bothered to install.

I have Microsoft Office 2000 Premium and that has files on disk 2. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

Update.

Ok I put disk 1 in and when to Add/Remove to see it I could add Publisher and it asks for disk 2. I doesn't show Publisher as an option. I put disk 2 back in and guess what it autoruns and wants to install Publisher and Small Business Tools. I install them both just to make sure they work. It did a restart to finish the installation and it showed a message registry problem click to fix. Because it used the previous registry Publisher wasn't installed so I have to install it again. I did a restart and it worked.

I go back to Add/Remove and it shows Microsoft Office Disk 2. I click remove and I remove Publisher and Small Business Tools but it still shows the Small Business Tools short-cut. So I do a system restore and delete all the additional files its added.

So why wouldn't disk 2 show up the other day, my friends disk 2 didn't show either. Right now it shows I did a backup with Nero 6 and I verified the CD which it through up loads of errors. I format the CD-RW and inserted disk 2 again and it doesn't show up again. I do a restart with the CD still inserted and it shows in Explorer. I burn it again and it shows errors when its verified.

I shall have to take it to work tomorrow and see if Nero 7 Essentials can do any better.

Keith

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

Is this the Student Media Edition?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Keithuk

Keithuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:20 PM

Is this the Student Media Edition?

I'm afraid not garmanma its a genuine Microsoft Office 2000 Professional.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users