Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

View other computers on my network?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 10beckc

10beckc

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Ok, i was wondering if it was possible to view files on other computers that are on my houses network. their are 3 computers on my network and i have a laptop but i was wondering if it was possible to view files on like the main computer where the router is or my sisters computer on this network please and thanks guys!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

What operating system do you have, because that really matters :-) Assuming you have Windows XP, you need to put the PCs into the same working group, enable file sharing in the firewall, and finally rightclick on the folders you want to share and enable sharing.

Is that what you want to do?

I even share a CD-DVD ROM from another PC, e.g. watch DVDs which are in CD DVD ROM of another PC.
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

#3 10beckc

10beckc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

no, sorry you're right i really should have specified but i have windows vista home premium and our network is open not private(if that matters) Thanks dude!

#4 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:30 AM

I am sorry, I really know only a little about how Vista is set up. I hope other users, or the Vista forum would be of a better help.
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

#5 remember me

remember me

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:04 AM

What operating system do you have, because that really matters :-) Assuming you have Windows XP, you need to put the PCs into the same working group, enable file sharing in the firewall, and finally rightclick on the folders you want to share and enable sharing.

Is that what you want to do?

I even share a CD-DVD ROM from another PC, e.g. watch DVDs which are in CD DVD ROM of another PC.

link....
http://www.softperfect.com/products/lspro/
an Antivirus is like a little guy standing on the side walk with a net, trying to catch you as you jump off the top of a 10 story building.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users