Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows could not start because of computer disk hardware configuration problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jackmjack

jackmjack

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

My WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION does not start up in normal mode. I get a black screen, and have to select from two choices of windows xp home edition at the bottom of the screen to open my computer.
I've typed msconfig and selected normal mode and it still doesn't work.
Also I got this error message: windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
I'm a newbie at computers and don't understand the technical jargon. I wonder if some one could explain it in simple terms, so I could understand it.
I don't have a windows WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION CD-Rom to use recovery console. How can I fix this without a windows cd-rom?
I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2002

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

have you put any new hdd's in, or left a usb drive/ipod/mp3 player in the pc.
otherwise your hdd might have issues,
the recovery console is downloadable and burnable but id check the first 2 options first.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

As a start...you can try this, Removing the invalid entries from Boot.ini - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/bootopt.htm

Louis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users