Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Host + Guestbook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yunalesca

Yunalesca

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:45 PM

Sry if this is not where I'm supposed to place this post....

My brother is making a gaming site using Flash MX... but hmm we're looking for two things:

-A free guestbook with as little adds as possible to add in (one that's pretty easy to use)
-A host that will allow the uploading of the flash site.... I prefer a free host... if not oh well

hmm Thanks...

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum.

Edited by scarlett, 06 June 2005 - 08:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yunalesca

Yunalesca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:47 PM

a refined message... anyone?

K my brother is trying to make this gaming site for his school project (then later upload it for his clan so a double win-win situation I think)... anywayz HOW DO I get a guestbook inside the flash file... we're really really new... I can send you guys the file if anyone interested to help out ... I went to a lot of sites and so far no one knows how to place a guestbook or their are like it's too hard.... (a guestbook in the flash site... http://www.freewebs.com/shootingelitextremes/ <---- takes a while to load for some reason oO)... want to add a simple nice guestbook in the guestbook section... I can e-mail you the file or talk to you using msn/aim/yahoo messenger... really need to get this done asap...

#3 I hate spyware!

I hate spyware!

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:01 PM

a refined message... anyone?

K my brother is trying to make this gaming site for his school project (then later upload it for his clan so a double win-win situation I think)... anywayz HOW DO I get a guestbook inside the flash file... we're really really new... I can send you guys the file if anyone interested to help out ... I went to a lot of sites and so far no one knows how to place a guestbook or their are like it's too hard.... (a guestbook in the flash site... http://www.freewebs.com/shootingelitextremes/  <---- takes a while to load for some reason oO)... want to add a simple nice guestbook in the guestbook section... I can e-mail you the file or talk to you using msn/aim/yahoo messenger... really need to get this done asap...

Two words, Freewebs Sucks

Freewebs is known to be dead slow when loading pics and stuff, and also I heard it can send out spyware.
Find another web host thats more decent.
Also to here is a good link for a guestbook that detests against spyware:
http://www.a-free-guestbook.com

Edited by I hate spyware!, 01 July 2005 - 04:04 PM.

#4 visitus

visitus

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:32 AM

If you're a bit technically minded and your web host has database access and you can use PHP, you could try finding a php script that would do the business.
Theres loads of free scripts on various sites for guest books etc. and php is fairly easy to use in web pages.
Will probably run quicker than a free hosted one, there won't be any adverts or pop ups, and you can get it to look exactly how you want it.

Hope this helps,
Graham

Edited by visitus, 12 August 2005 - 10:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users