Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 6 - Security Settings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 scruffbag

scruffbag

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

Hi,

A friend of mine is running Win XP and IE6.

I have designed a web site for him which I have emailed to him for proof readings.

Javascript has been used to disguise email addresses and an excel spread sheet is included as a download from a link.

When trying to run the draft website from his machine in IE6 the script doesn't run but there is no security bar at the top of the browser window where you would normally expect to "click" to be able to select the option to allow it to. In his "Internet" and "Intranet" security settings "Active Scripting" is enabled.

When he clicks on the link to download the excel file he gets a message which says something to the effect that "Security Settings will not allow download of this file".

However, for a similar web site which I have designed and is published, which uses javascript for the menus, the menus appear as intended so clearly the script is executing. Further, on this site a word doc downloads with no problem.

I have to confess I am stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Derek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users