Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how hi should the tempature get

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 uchman

uchman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:25 PM

i am runnin speedfan 424 and it says that my temp is at 41 i was told that it is to high so i tryed mbm and it won't go on this motherbord it's a thrasher bord [d845gvsr] i am runnin 3 fans on it is this to hot and what can i do about it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:56 PM

Normal Temps: First switch speedfan to farenheit so you get a true idea of temp.

Hard Drive : 80-90 Farenheit

Processor : anywhere from 100-125 Farenheit

#3 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:30 PM

Dear uchman,

Temperatures depend on gear. I was just informed by Antec that Intel Prescott CPU's have to have a direct outside air current. They are now certifying cases. No lie!

The case has a direct tube that fits over the CPU heat sink to a side panel case fan. It uses outside air constantly.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#4 uchman

uchman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:23 PM

if hard drive temp is 80-90 f and i'm runnin at 97

#5 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:31 AM

i would think it doesnt matter what os your using but hardware...........

but with a stock dell or other company like that.......or even for custom the hdd temp tends to stay around 80-90

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:58 AM

41C is very high for an ambient temp in your case but nothing to worry about at all for a CPU temp.

Download the system analysis program 'Everest' so you can get detailed information about your system:
Everest download
Temperatures, voltages and fan speeds are shown under Computer>Sensor.

This may give you a clearer idea of what is going on inside your system. (It quite correctly shows temps in C which is the only proper way of measuring it :thumbsup: )

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#7 jsblack

jsblack

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:31 PM

farenheit as a "true idea" of temp?? what does that mean?

41c is just fine for core temp. I have seen systems get as high as 70c and still function, which i thought was crazy but hey, it worked.

As for airflow, try and set up the fans so air gets drawn in from the front/top and blown out of the back/side. that way you create a current of fresh air that is constantly moving through your system.

good luck!

#8 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:30 AM

Dear uchman,

Yes...this is where I question Rimmer. 41C / 106 F is hot but workable. I think it will be ok if you have a good AIR flow system. I live in Florida and as long as my computer stays below 109 F anywhere I am cool.

Thats with the windows open feeling the heat of a 96 F day. Of course I will not play a game in that heat.

But if I were to run a regular computer in that heat...no problem.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#9 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

What i meant of "true idea of temp" is that in most countries and where i live, in the US we use Fahrenheit and not Celsius. For me its easier to set it to Fahrenheit because i know the temperature how hot it is how cold it because Ive felt temperatures like that.

I don't want to have to manage my computers temperature by word of mouth saying that 40 C is a manageable temperature. Its just more of a convenient for me.

Also i find the fact that you ran a computer for more than 15-20 minutes at 158 degrees Fahrenheit (70 celcius) without any problems.

Usually when a system reaches upwars ofd 160+ thats when its burning prevention kicks in and it shuts down the pc.

Edited by Techsomething, 09 June 2005 - 12:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users